If your website uses Cloudflare, you might need to explicitly allow access for our cookie-scanner. This guide explains how to do that from your Cloudflare account.
By default, Cloudflare protects your website against automated scans. We are in the process of becoming listed as a known "good bot" with Cloudflare. Until they have completed that process, you might need to add a bypass rule to your Cloudflare account, to prevent their service from blocking our cookie-scanner.
To explicitly allow Openli's cookie-scanner to access your website, you should:
- 1.Log in to your Cloudflare account
- 2.Select your website, if multiple websites are shown
- 3.Click the Firewall menu-item
- 4.Click the Firewall Rules tab
- 5.Click the Create a Firewall Rule button
- 6.Name the new rule, for example "Allow Openli cookie-scanner"
- 7.In the "When incoming requests match..." section:
- 1.set Field to User Agent
- 2.set Operator to contains
- 3.in Value, type LegalMonster (exactly as written here; no quotes, no spaces, and capital L and M)
- 8.In the "Then..." section:
- 1.set Choose an action to Bypass
- 2.set Choose a feature to Browser Integrity Check
- 9.Click the Save button
Our cookie-scanner should now be able to scan your site. You can see an screenshot of a correctly configured rule here: